Monday, October 20, 2008

Jeff Mangum Plays "Engine"!!!

Tonight, I went to see the Elephant 6 Holiday Surprise tour in Columbus and got to see one of the greatest things I've ever gotten to see. Jeff Mangum, the leader of Neutral Milk Hotel, came out and played the NMH song "Engine" with band mate Julian Koster. Not only was he playing, he was playing in the middle of the crowd, five feet from me. I took a video which is being shared on WDUB TV, but can be viewed below.
UPDATE: There is an MP3 link below.

Jeff Mangum - "Engine" (MP3)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even without Mangum, this show was amazing. I kinda feel bad for everyone else in the show, as everyone freaks out over Mangum, but that is OK. Their comments when him and Julian were playing this were really funny, though my favorite was before the song when one of them muttered "Ugh, why does he always want to go outside?"

Such an amazing show.