Friday, March 27, 2009

Wilco Unveil More Album Info


Though there's still no title, release date, or firm tracklist, Wilco spilled some info on their new album that's supposedly coming out in June. They confirmed that the Tweedy-Feist duet "You and I" will in fact be on the album, as well as releasing the below list of songs that may or may not be on the album:
"Deeper Down"
"Conscript (aka I'll Fight)"
"One Wing"
"Solitaire"
"Wilco (the song)"
"Country Disappeared"
"Everlasting"
"Bull Black Nova"
"Sonny Feeling"
"You and I"

I really hope that "Conscript (aka I'll Fight)" is the song "Let's Fight" that the band played at their 2006 Lollapalooza show. I was pretty surprised it didn't make it on Sky Blue Sky, but hopefully we'll see it here. The other tracks I've heard, "Wilco (the song)," "One Wing," and "Sonny Feeling" are all pretty good. Based on those, it's doubtful this is going to be another groundbreaking album a la Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, but it will be a pretty damn good album that's fun to listen to.

No comments: